Friday, April 18, 2014

So over two years ago I purchased two Miyasama Yatsubusa  from eBay.  They are also known as Taiwanese Trident Maple.   They are slow grower (well, seems to grow fast but trunk hasn't thickened up much more than what you see here in this photo).   Even though they are slow to thicken, they are pretty resilient.    I haven't been taking good care of them yet they have just been growing fine.   

Acer buergerianum 'Miyasama Yatsubusa



Acer buergerianum 'Miyasama Yatsubusa


... well, to my dismay, this Winter was too harsh on lot of my trees, including the one growing over rock :( ... my favorite of the two :((


                                 shouldn't have left them to fend for themselves (especially the one in the ceramic pot).   I was growing it on a live rock and had very little soil (my goal was to transfer to a bonsai training pot).   


Anyhow, she hasn't risen from her sleep and I'm afraid she won't ever. :(  I definitely regret it as it was looking so nice around the rock!   :(

On the other hand, the one field growing maybe showing sign of better health.   Lot of weed growing around the base and I am still just letting it grow free.   I will just have to pay close attention this guy since I lost the other one.  
Acer buergerianum 'Miyasama Yatsubusa
d




2 comments:

MrChoudhury said...

Yep, it ended up dying :(

MrChoudhury said...

I have another one that was filed growing has thicken up trunk quite a bit. I have tried propagating through cutting but finding that difficult. I managed to get started on few successfully yet they soon succumb to their death for some reason. It happened twice when I had near success, so this time I am trying to air layer a thick branch off the one growing out on the filed. Keeping my fingers crossed :D